Google Calculator

Just discovered that Google has a calculator function: http://www.google.ca/help/features.html#calculator
Frank C.
--
http://sawdustmaking.com

snip Frank Campbell wrote:

So does your computer - and it's off-line. Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
snipped-for-privacy@fairfax.com wrote:

or "square yards in a hectacre"
the google calc will respond to numbers and words, do conversions to units you haven't used in years. Most PC calcs don't do that.
BRuce
Heck, it's better than that. You don't have to go anywhere in particular at Google. Just type whatever you want converted into the search field, and it comes up with the answer.
--
re. email: I have no equal.
"BRuce" < snipped-for-privacy@ynot.com> wrote in message
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 14:51:13 -0700, Dirty Bob wrote:

One thing I wish it did is currency conversions -- seems to do everything else....
david
--
"We have money to blow up bridges over the Tigress and Euphrates and we
don't have money to build bridges in our major cities. We have money to

yup that's what I use already, and it's great for it. But I like the google human-language interface, and now that I know about the calculator there, I'd love to see the currency conversions at the same place. The fewer URLs I have to remember, the better for me...
david
--
It is of interest to note that while some dolphins are reported to have
learned English -- up to 50 words used in correct context -- no human being