Google+

I'm new to the Google+ groups, but a little while ago I posted one or two comments (representing about 45 minutes of thinking), intended to be constructive, about a drawing/painting that was titled "Comments please". Then I noticed that my comments were gone, and I posted "Did you delete my comments?" Then the person's work was not visible to me (so I suppose they blocked me). Me, Bill!!! : ) It reminds me of the "mommification" thread.

If your post requires more than 60 seconds of thought, expect to have it dropped from the forum most places. If you need longer than a minute, disconnect from the forum, do your thinking in Notepad or Word, select and copy the text, sign back into the forum, post your reply.
That's one reason I use Forte Agent - all reading and posting are done on the PC and there are no timeouts.
snipped-for-privacy@wizardanswers.com wrote:

No, it wasn't dropped. I was able to view the person's work from my wife's account, but no longer from mine.
It really about the poster than the technology. "Comments please"--but only one's which polish my ego.
For the amount of posting, there is very little in the way of constructive criticism that takes place there, maybe because it takes work, and maybe because people are afraid of offending one another. And maybe because some folks will delete it and block you if you cast any their way! I reminded her in my post that her work was titled "Comments please".
Folks are quite a bit more upfront here, and we definitely have more discussions than I have ever seen on Google+. How can you have a discussion if you are too busy to type more than one sentence? They even encourage this with "+1".
On Sun, 18 May 2014 20:18:53 -0400, Bill

Bill, GGroups have nothing to do with the Usenet. Those are often moderated groups and some will not allow posts from new users to go immediately online without a review. Some of those have nazi like moderators who like to control things, some are just there for the fun of it. Don't let it make you all paranoid. On the Usenet most of the time posts cannot be deleted anymore.

Bill says right in the subject line that he's referring to google+, which is google's facebook lookalike. He's not referring to google groups, or usenet.
"Scott Lurndal" wrote in message

But his opening sentence reads "Google+ groups." Maybe different tools are being mixed up in this discussion?
John Grossbohlin wrote:

I was referring to the *Communities* in Google+. If those aren't Google groups, then I just learned something new.
And I'm not being "paranoid". It just ticked me off that the person whose picture I was commented on was able to easily delete comments I spent 45 minutes of honest effort constructing for the sake of discussion. Especially, after she titled her post "Comments please". If if was not for that, I would not have not invested the time.
Cheers, Bill

Usenet (archived by Deja-News, deja-news absorbed by Google) Google Groups (google's public forums, superset of usenet, i.e. it includes all usenet groups + google only discussion groups) Google+ communities (google+ only, moderated communities)
==== Usenet is a distributed data store (there is no single central location managing or storing the groups - group content is replicated across all usenet servers).
Google non-usenet Groups are stored and maintained by google only.
Google+ communities, facebook-like.
Scott Lurndal wrote:

Thank you for the clarification/history Scott. I'm glad Usenet is distributed and hope it's stays non-proprietary.