Goodies

I was looking up stuff for another post and came across this place. They have a *wide* range of materials used in wood finishing...not ready made stuff but components.
http://www.woodfinishingenterprises.com /
--

dadiOH
____________________________

There's also Jeff Jewitt's Homestead Finishing Products at:
http://www.homesteadfinishingproducts.com/htdocs/rubbingpolish.htm
Jeff used to participate in this news group.
I haven't ordered anything from Jeff in a while but in the past, when I called, either Jeff or his wife answered the phone. Homestead is an excellent company to deal with.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Maybe they can help me. I'm building another 6' x 6' Kenyan Mahogany panel for a 58" plasma. The client wants the cherry end-caps and shelf edges toned into a 'wild-berry'. Pucking Furple, IOW. Irks me to no end, as it happens to be some of the finest cherry I have worked with in years. They want 'Wild Berry'.... but still see the grain. (I think I'm going to get sick) Transparant purple...'Aubergine', maybe....anybody?

---------------
Is that better or worse than the ugly green milk paint that Nahm used to point everything with?
Robatoy wrote:

Well as they say, "the customer is always right", Right? hahaha I get that all the time. It really sucks when you do it their way and they hate it. Take pictures or get it in writing and protect your ass. Is what I always say!
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

FUME IT, you turkey!
Stain and poly are their own punishment.
-- Life is full of obstacle illusions. -- Grant Frazier

Yeah, I grabbed their link a while back for a shellac source and my favorite caustic chemical Potassium Dichromate. Haven't actually bought from them yet. I sent a question once and got no answer so it would be good to hear from anyone if it is actually a running business, not just a nice website.