Goodell putty knife

I broke my vintage Goodell 22 1-1/4" 22 E putty knife while removing some old brick molding around a door. It has a full tang and comfortable molded plastic handle. Who makes or owns Goodell? Looking where to buy.

Try Goodell Tools Inc. Fax #: 763-531-0252 <http://www.goodelltools.com
Joe G
On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 09:24:47 -0800 (PST), GROVER

Bad link?
Phisherman wrote:

Looks like either Goodell has gone under or been bought out, maybe???
Or, I suppose the server could be out for maintenance over the holiday week but I could find only one distributor that had anything of theirs in stock and it was just a couple of taping knives.
I've also a really old one of theirs, but recently everything of any quality I've bought has been Hyde--very similar.

Not trying to be glib here, but I absolutely hate breaking or losing a well-worn-in putty knife. Lucky for me, I have a source (Richard) for putty knives of varying stiffness and handle quality. It is one of those tools, the feel of which cannot be described. I also have a small flat pry-bar like that, looks like a WonderBar, but way smaller. One of my guys took one of my putty knives and was going to open a can with it. Two voices, in unison said: "*I* wouldn't do that." That was pretty funny.
This one is pretty cool, especially for scraping on quartz countertops... no scratchees. http://www.arichard.com/en/PRODUITS_DESC.asp?ID=366065
On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 11:27:08 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy

Grok that. I have an old Hyde stiffy which has followed me for 30 years.

I found a 6" WonderBar which is great. I also found that the fantailed moulding bars from HF work great when sharpened on the belt sandah. I picked up a set of 1.5-6" spring steel HF putty knives and have found them one of the best knives I've seen in a long while...after I took the rough tips off 'em. A minute of filing shaped each 'em up nicely. 'Course, I don't shop at any of the $45/knife stores. Y'know, places who sell Festeringtools, stuff like that.

<g>
I hope the guy doesn't try it with one of those brass jobs.
-- Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is Forgiven. Gee, ain't religion GREAT?
dpb wrote: ...

I've used these folks in distant past before they had the online catalog, etc., ...
http://store.harryepstein.com /
I noticed the Goodell stuff is in the "Industrial Surplus" section rather than the main catalog which adds further to the likelihood that Goodell is no more I'm afraid...
If you do manage to learn otherwise would be nice to know.
"dpb" wrote:

SFWIW, several years ago was able to get replacement "button feet" for a bunch od bar clamps that had lost them.
Just happened to be the same size as some 3", C-Clamps I hads.
Lew

It's not the web-server. it is the domain-name itself that fails. No registration data whatsoever. So it's been 'gone' for a while.
History -- Goodell Tool mreged with Goodell-Pratt, back in the 1920s.
Subsequent history shows they're part of Miller Falls.
Robert Bonomi wrote:

I think that's the brother(? at least a different person) -- pretty sure if they had gone away in the '20s there wouldn't have _ever_ been a domain name... :)