GOOD SUPPLIER OF HARDWOOD PLY?

Does anybody use a hardwood veneer plywood supplier they are happy with? Thanks.

Lou.

Reply to
lpolizzi

Sure do. Doubtful that it would make sense for you to pay for freight from the Bronx to Florida, though. ;)

RicodJour

R: You would be surprised at how many times I would have considering how hard it sometimes gets to find what I need here!

Lou

Reply to
lpolizzi

The one I was referring to is called Honerkamp

big candy store. It might be worth a phone call to see what the damage would be or if they could recommend a place near you.

Good luck with your hunt.

RicodJour

Yes, but you are a long way from Texas.

One additional though: What grade? The Borg sells what they call cabinet grade. Most of the posters here want something more like A-1 or B-2. Real finicky ones would want A-A grade.

Jim

Reply to
Jim

snipped-for-privacy@tampabay.rr.com wrote: > Does anybody use a hardwood veneer plywood supplier they are happy > with?

Yes, at least here in SoCal.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

That stuff is so often garbage. Even if it arrives in a store as a decent product, the local handling, by customers and employees, often beats it up.

To the OP, have you tried these guys?

If they won't sell directly to you, try contacting your hardwood suppliers and/or small local cabinet shops, and see if you can get what you need from Dixie via them. If you have any good friends with a tax number (retail store, etc...), you can frequently purchase through them.

My favorite local hardwood mill is up the street from a large northeastern plywood and composite vendor. Anything the plywood vendor has can be had the next day via the hardwood retailer.

Large cabinet or stair shops may sell from their own stock, don't overlook them.

One last tip. If you can find cabinet shop to sell to you, be aware they probably won't take credit cards, discuss the payment arrangements up front.

Reply to
B A R R Y

House of Plywood in San Bernardino, CA.

Reply to
jo4hn

w/them at the VA location. Very happy w/quality and service.

Renata

Reply to
Renata

Thanks. Wanted to let you know I went with A&M, they have a Tampa branch. Great service. Will try Dixie next. Lou

Reply to
lpolizzi