Good Price

VanDykes(www.vandykes.com) has good prices on cabinet screwdrivers and mortise chisels (just use the search from the home page for mortise chisel or cabinet screwdriver) I have no affiliation...just bought some of both.
On Sun, 01 Nov 2009 17:52:54 -0800, fallen.morgan (at) gmail.com wrote:

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but those don't look like mortise chisels to me. At best, they are what is called "sash mortise" chisels, a light duty relative originally used for, you guessed it, window sash.
Here's a real mortise chisel, also called a pigsticker:
<http://www.toolsforworkingwood.com/Merchant/merchant.mvc ? Screen=PROD&Store_Code=toolshop&Product_Code=MS- MORT.XX&Category_Code=&Search=mortise%20chisels>
Sorby used to make some really heavy duty mortise chisels, but now all they have is sash mortise chisels. Not many folks chop mortises by hand any more.
That said, those are great prices on those chisels as long as you know their limitations.