Good planer sled designs?

Pompous much? As described above, "w/o the sled at all and run the material through w/o compressing it and let the planer take care of it on it's (sic) own."... Notice there is no mention of any "pre" planing (either with hand planes or your plane with a "tail" on it) such that you start with a reasonably flat reference surface to lay on the planer table. Assuming that approach, nothing but heavy-assed 80lb boards that are crazy-warped and bowed and a 3.5' planer table, you're saying you could get the boards flat and I couldn't? Well come on over and show me how it's done then smart guy! I'm more than willing to be enlightened.

Reply to
Steve Turner

Pompous much? As described above, "w/o the sled at all and run the material through w/o compressing it and let the planer take care of it on it's (sic) own."... Notice there is no mention of any "pre" planing (either with hand planes or your plane with a "tail" on it) such that you start with a reasonably flat reference surface to lay on the planer table. Assuming that approach, nothing but heavy-assed 80lb boards that are crazy-warped and bowed and a

3.5' planer table, you're saying you could get the boards flat and I couldn't? Well come on over and show me how it's done then smart guy! I'm more than willing to be enlightened. ========================================================================= You are the one that said you couldn't do it. I just agreed with you. I know I can.
Reply to
CW

Your persistent avoidance of the particulars is making you look like a wise-ass. I never said I couldn't do it (as I explained, by using hand planes to get a reasonably flat reference surface on one side to lay face-down on the planar table), I just said that it was a hell of a lot of work and I didn't WANT to do it. You (with some help from "dpb") are continually implying that you can do it WITHOUT any initial rough flattening of one side (though I suspect you're using your hand-held power planer that you've implied you own), and by refusing to explain yourself further you are only being contentious and are not contributing anything to the conversation.

Reply to
Steve Turner

We've been here before. He goes on an on about being able to do it, but never says how. Almost no one else can do it, and I can't do it either, and I tried. It's not easy even with a sled. Twist is a bitch and is mostly fire wood unless you want to make a big effort to get a little wood out of the mess.

I never said I couldn't do it (as I explained, by using hand

That's how about everyone but CW see's it, and he's too freaking nasty to tell anyone his secret, so I figure he's full of it.

Reply to
Jack