good place to purchase wood in/near Philadelphia Pa USA?

I make furniture and have been purchasing wood from Home Depot. I would like to know I their might be any suggestions for places that sell wood for less and better quality in or near Philadelphia, PA USA?
Lex
A good place to start is in Oxford http://www.hearnehardwoods.com /
Another is in Aberdeen NJ, not sure of the distance from Philly
http://www.usmahogany.com /
I expect there are others.
Dave Paine.

I second the Hearne - they are about 30 minutes away (from me) and have always provided good service & great wood - their website is an education (at least for me - way down on the woodworkers food chain).
Bought oak, cherry, walnut & poplar from them - fair prices, great quality & no complaints.
Of course, although about 1/3 the price of HD (say, for oak), you will have to surface & plane their wood - although they will do that for you for additonal $.
Lou

For what it's worth, I go to Rittenhouse Lumber. Right on Bethlehem Pike, just north of Paper Mill.
The owner is famous for his "pile of paperwork" desk. Very nice people though.

Tague Lumber isn't bad -- in the phone book

You might want to try Willard Brothers just off of Route #1 north of Trenton, a relatively short ride from Philly. Contact Information Telephone (609)890-1990
FAX (800)320-6519
Postal address
300 Basin Rd. Trenton, NJ. 08619
Electronic mail