Good jig saw?

The 20% off sale at HD has prompted me to go searching for a jig saw to replace the 20+ year-old POS Black & Decker one I've had since I was a kid. Can someone point me to a good one? I don't want to spend a ton of money.
On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 16:37:40 +0000, Ksu93dlv wrote:

For occassional use, I like the Grizzly at $60. It's only drawback from the high end jigsaws like the Bosch is that it requires a screwdriver to change blades.
http://www.grizzly.com/products/item.cfm?itemnumber=G8994Z&&gid92E82D-1170-47B1-BE4A-1FC2EF68E795&site=grizzly
-Doug
Bosch seems to be the majority choice in this group! I bought one a few months ago based on that recommendaton and have used it several times. Very nice piece of equipment.
Len
Ksu93dlv wrote:

months
piece
replace
someone
I have had Professional Bosch jigsaws (barrel type) for many years...used ones that I have rebuilt but recently I got my hands on a Freud....wow its smooth, slightly more compact & just as powerful....not sure if it is a current model but I highly recommend this model CA60PE if you can afford it or it's current replacement. The only brand new one I had was a Milwaukee & the shaft & bearing went in that twice before I gave up on it.
--
Jon Down
My eBay items currently listed:
Ksu93dlv wrote:

--
To reply, change the chemical designation to its common name.

In rec.woodworking

Hey, you need to change the name of this thread because it may be offensive to some members of the population.
I've said it before. Watch eBay for a few weeks, you can pick up a Bosch in really like new condition for about 75 bucks if you are patient and watch the auctions for a while. Eventually a good one will come along and you can snag it. I have used this technique for many of my "high priced" tools.
Steve Turner wrote:

See, here is one that the auction ends in 18 hours and the current bid is $43.00
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item#67004439&category 786
Here's one that is up to $89 in a plastic case.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item#66132528&category 786
Here's one that sold for $15:
http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&categoryR834&item "05323383
Here's one that sold for $74.50:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item#62752165&category 786
Gotta add shipping but the cost was well under retail and these people got top of the line tool for a great price.
Don't know about you other guys but I have no hangups about my tools haveing a few scratches on them that I did not put on them myself. Just as long as they work when I pull the trigger, I'm happy.