Good deal on Sliding CMS

I've been using a 10" compound miter saw for many a year now and it is always a pain to be in the middle of something and not be able to make an angled cut all the way through the material. After the trillionth time I decided to do something about it.
Where I live (Norfolk, VA) there is a Skil/Bosch factory store that has lots of good stuff. After comparing sliding miter saws, I decided the Bosch 10" was what I wanted. The features are good and to top it off, it's about 200 dollars less than comparable brands. I talked to the salesman for about 15 min after I bought it. The saw was 349.00 and it came with a blade. I have used this store in the past and have always got some free dodads here and there. Jig saw blades, a 12v battery, etc. I am not waht they would consider a heavy buyer at all. Not even a mid-range buyer. Probably 500-700 a year. Anyhow the guy disappears into the back and and returns with 4 brand new 10" 60 tooth blades. On the house!! I couldn't believe it. Anyone with the factory store by them should get there. A quality saw at 1/2 the price of other brands, and then they drop about 150.00 worth of blades in my lap. I'll be looking at the Bosch ROS soon you can bet your tail!!

Nice gloat :) I have the Bosch 3912 (non slider) but it is a great miter saw.
-- Regards,
Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com ------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 6 Reviews: - Delta SS250 Scroll Saw (Review Updated) - Porter Cable FR350A Framing Nailer - WoodHaven Biscuit Master - Veritas Saddle Square - EZ Smart Guide System - Incra V27 Miter Gauge ------------------------------------------------------------
I live in Yorktown. Where is the factory outlet store? I could not find reference to it on the Bosch web site.
In the Norfolk industrial park. Azalea (bad speeler, but like the bush) Garden Rd. Behind the Military Circle complex.
Thanks for the info. I will add it to my monthly trip to Woodcraft and Harbor Freight.
snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote:

Where in Norfolk is that? I'm going to be in Chesapeake in a couple of weeks cutting some Maple logs to mill. I need a few more tools, and this sounds like a good place to pick them up while I'm there.
--
Odinn

rot13 to reply