Good deal on lathe

Pelham, NH
http://nh.craigslist.org/tls/5777536141.html
Spalted Walt wrote:

Just the thing for turning Christmas tree ornaments.
--
GW Ross

In the struggle between you and the
On Monday, October 3, 2016 at 10:47:26 AM UTC-4, G. Ross wrote:

Just the thing for turning Christmas trees!

I was going to get it to turn pens to give away at Christmas.
On 10/3/2016 9:29 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:

Yep that's big metal lathe.
--
Jeff

On Mon, 03 Oct 2016 13:29:03 +0000

pelham 123
well he wants 500 for it but then at the bottom says that it is going to the scrap yard before snow
i guess i would take 200 from him to take it off his hands
On Monday, October 3, 2016 at 4:50:37 PM UTC-4, Electric Comet wrote:

The 1973 book, the 1974 screen adaptation, the 1998 made-for-TV film or 2009 big screen remake?
I used ride the #6 train as a teenager, so I'm kind of a fan.
I also used to work "Across 110th Street".
"If you steal $300,000 from the mob, it's not robbery. It's suicide."
On Mon, 3 Oct 2016 13:50:31 -0700, Electric Comet

That's a couple of hundred miles South. Pelham, NY.

I'd take you up on it, just to see what the hell you do with it. Like the dog chasing the car. What does he do if he catches it?

Anyone figured out what it'll cost to true that 14' bed? ;)
nb
On Tuesday, October 4, 2016 at 11:31:24 AM UTC-4, notbob wrote:

I had a local machine shop true the fence on my Delta miter saw for $20. (I'm pretty it went in somebody's pocket or towards coffee for the crew.)
The fence was about 1' long so 14 * $20 is $280.
Wanna bet that the cost per foot doesn't scale linearly? ;-)
On Tuesday, October 4, 2016 at 12:52:22 PM UTC-4, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I think we need a comparison spreadsheet to prove your point...any chance a certain someone with no shift key or punctuation on his/her keyboard is up to the task?
Looks like a good lathe for hall trees, front porch columns and all sorts of stuff.
Nice - medium size lathe.
Martin
On 10/3/2016 8:29 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:

On Monday, October 3, 2016 at 8:29:12 AM UTC-5, Spalted Walt wrote:

You are talking about turning the "brass" portion of the pens, right? ;-)

With that lathe, he can make anything!
Never had a problem turning wood on my tiny Taig, using standard metal turning tools. (Next to that one, my Taig looks like electric comet's periods. Good thing it's a self-confident and well built lathe! lol)
Puckdropper
On 05 Oct 2016 20:19:19 GMT, Puckdropper

You claim knowledge of comet's periods? Not that I doubt them, just that I'm surprised at the admission. ;-)

There are long period comets, and short period comets and the ones the just fly into the sun. So now we know what happened to electric's comets period eh?

Is 28 days long or short?
On Wednesday, October 5, 2016 at 11:18:35 PM UTC-4, krw wrote:

Most of those 28 days are short, however there are 4 - 5 that can be really, really long - especially for those of us in the vicinity.

That is a regular one and it makes easy to be out of town at the proper times.