Good deal on 12 V drill at local megastore (USA)

Page 2 of 2
On 3/2/2012 11:03 AM, Lee Michaels wrote:

I like,,,
Number 1,2,4,,8, and 9. ;~)
On Fri, 2 Mar 2012 12:03:21 -0500, "Lee Michaels"

Sure, I've experienced a few... Finding out (in this case) that the quality tool is worth the money Knowing that your Festool is better quality than most Taking advantage of the Festool support group Knowing that your Festool won't make a mess like other tools Sorry, don't own a Laguna yet, so I guess I lose
But, I guess at this point that most of us Festoolin people sound like Michael Joel with his unwavering religion. The only difference being that you can prove the viability of Festool with a purchase ~ not so easy with finding God, at least scientifically.
On 3/2/2012 10:30 AM, tiredofspam wrote:

LOL, No I was not a Bosch "drill" fan long before I knew Festool existed.
And as far as that goes, I still prefer my Milwaukee jig saw to the current Festool jig saw. :~)
On 3/2/2012 8:01 AM, John Doe wrote:

Not weird at all. No tool manufacturer is great at everything. The vast majority of Bosch tool users don't use Bosch drills.

As long as you are not stuck with your purchase should you not be pleased.
Leon <lcb11211 swbelldotnet> wrote:

You are the same guy that jumped into my last thread to give off-topic advice just to brag about your expensive tool. It's no big deal but it is weird IMO.
--

> No tool manufacturer is great at everything. The
> vast majority of Bosch tool users don't use Bosch drills.
On 3/3/2012 11:06 AM, John Doe wrote:

You might note that you crossposted, so welcome to the wRec on UseNet, where every message can be replied to without regard to the wishes of the original poster, and where it's even more weird to expect otherwise.
Count your blessings ... thus far there has been no mention of religion, politics or electricity on your precious topic ... but don't hold your breath.
Besides, around here it's all Butch's fault ...
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 3/3/2012 11:06 AM, John Doe wrote:

Which thread would that be?

I own several Bosch power tools. The 12 volt Lithium system has been flawless. Their jigsaw second to none and drills and sanders have been work horses. When a cpl of Bosch routers wore out, I replaced them with Milwaukee. I don't like Bosch routers. Festool is my brand of choice but not ALL their tools are head and shoulders above the rest. Some are. NO brand has all bases covered.
I have some bosch routers, 1617evs, I like them, I have one issue, the quick release mechanism, I like the Milwaukee better.
I replace the motor cans on them, to Aluminum from Magnesium, I hated the oxidation that prevented it from moving well. It took years but Bosch finally owned up to the fact that the mag. was not working. They now move like silk.
What is is that you don't like Rob?
On 3/2/2012 12:21 PM, Robatoy wrote:

On 3/2/2012 12:04 PM, tiredofspam wrote:

I have one of the very first 1617EVS routers, I got it in the summer of 1998. The magnesium body was not a problem for me at all however the motor housing oxidized immediately. I cleaned the motor housing up and put TopCote on it IIRC and it has never been a problem in the past 10 or so years. Was the motor housing magnesium too?
Yes it was. and no I didn't try topcote on the housing. But I am ok with the aluminum, maybe a little more mass, but not too bad.
On 3/3/2012 12:34 AM, Leon wrote:

On 3/2/2012 11:42 PM, tiredofspam wrote:

Ahhhh well that all makes sense now. The inside of the outer body seldom gets contaminated with your hands touching it inside and probably why I never realized the problem, so to speak. I knew early on about the complaints. I thought only the outer housing was magnesium as the motor body appeared different in color and did not have the magnesium imprint in it.

One sample is hardly evidence of anything.

I own seven Bosch drivers (three 12V drivers, 12V & 18V impacts, and 12V and 18V drill). No problems at all. Love the things.

...on the basis of one failure.
On 3/2/2012 7:39 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote: Snip

Did you miss the part where I mentioned that I had them fail 3~4 times in addition to once at a WW show???

Good for you!

Reread what I actually said.

I love mine.
John Doe wrote:

That's kinda high for a 3/8" corded drill. If it had a 1/2" chuck, maybe.
--
Fettucini alfredo is macaroni and cheese for adults. -Mitch Hedberg

On 3/3/2012 12:05 AM, G. Morgan wrote:

Cord-less