Good bye Robin Hartl

On this weekend's Hometime (the one in syndication, not PBS) at the end of the show (a guy adding on to his house), Dean saluted Robin and introduced us to a new member of the staff - Miriam Johnson (no relation to Dean). Interesting note on their website - is that they are no longer doing the "husband/wife" act as of yore, but rather a more well in their words -

"Today, we are moving away from the married couple concept, yet taking the "living the project" format even further to include real homeowners pitching in and a unique home improvement crew."

That's why we see more of Bucki, Dan, and Judd and the homeowners. Have you noticed that most of the homeowners in the last year have been Hometime staff members? Guess that's perk for working on the show.

Anyways, getting back to Dean's last words on Robin, wished she were there to say goodbye to her fans and to thank us for the support. When JoAnne left there was bigger "to do" about it.

We will miss her - oh, well, there's always those ladder commercials!

MJ Wallace

Reply to
mjwallace

I guess they will have to do a follow-up to the PBS special, "The Many Wives of Dean Johnson."

Dick Durbin

Reply to
Olebiker

MJ Wallace notes:

Reply to
Charlie Self

I took it from their website but Bucki is a guy!

Reply to
mjwallace

Robin's been on the info commercial with the guy from the sitcom Home Improvement advertising ladders.

Reply to
Bob

Are they going to specialize in building closets?

Reply to
Gerald Ross

Aren't those the names of Hugh Hefner's current batch of girlfriends?

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon

snipped-for-privacy@onebox.com wrote in news:1110307623.951378.230340 @l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

When JoAnne left they had a GREAT show of bloopers-- shots of her slamming a hammer through a new wall, dropping windows downs stairs, etc. I enjoyed that show more than I ever did the regular version.

-Kiwanda

Reply to
Kiwanda

snipped-for-privacy@onebox.com wrote: [nuke]