Gonna take a break. See ya!

I'm going to unsub for a time. The US politics threads are to much effort to killfile, and are overwhelming the signal with noise.
I'll miss the place, but it's not the wreck I love anymore.
There's a smell around the place that I can't clean up, and just don't want in my nose anymore.
As Nelson sez on the Simpsons, "smell ya later."
But I suspect the stink isn't going away soon.
More's the pity.
Dave out.
--
Woodworking links and more at http://www.woodenwabbits.com

On May 15, 11:50 pm, Dave Balderstone

Yeah... what's with you Canadians draggin' that crap up all the time?
> I'll miss the place, but it's not the wreck I love anymore.

That's the great part of any playground. When you don't like the denizens, you can leave anytime.

Well, we are just about 5 days from an improvement (from the counter). And counting down.
Soon just about all traces of you will be gone...
Robert

Well, you see, Robert, it's like this: When your neighbour put manure on his garden, you smell it. You can put up with it because he shares some of his veggies when he grows them. When he starts spreading manure on your other neighbour's driveway, for no apparent reason, it's okay to ask why.
Catch my drift? (pun intended)
<G>

It's odd how this works. You can start more crap with just two sentences than anyone on this group. I throw out the lure.... nothin'. I know there are other Canuckians around here... but YOU are the only one that responded? Unfair, says I. Unfair.
Just kiddin'.
That was actually aimed AT Dave. While it is certainly his prerogative, he never seems to participate in any actual woodworking discussions. All the way back to when he was (he had another handle or two, I think he was Bay Area Dave for a while...) the only thing I ever remember him for was smarmy to nasty political commentary.
I don't recall anything of value concerning woodworking being posted.
The good thing about him leaving in the way he did is that he will be taking most of his stuff with him. Set up to "auto erase", his posts will disappear like having a self starting robot clean up an overcrowded/overripe dog kennel.
Thanks, Dave. I didn't appreciate the effort at the time.
Robert

I know, I know.. we understand each other. May not always agree, but I confess to get some giggles out of getting the Church-lady-types' panties in knots.
You see, people take themselves too seriously. I know I do sometimes. But sharing woodworking ideas and going off-track is part and parcel of every-day interaction.
Some of it is the funniest shit ever. Like Watson suggesting that Tim & I are twins. (I only wish I was that eloquent). That stuff cracks me up.

I happen to think this is a great bunch of people.. many interesting viewpoints...and no, I do not have a cite. (Doing happy dance because Miller and Clarke can't see meeeee.)( Miller & Clarke...sounds like a failed polar expedtion...or a bad beer....)
Sometimes I crack myself up...I need medication for that.
Robatoy wrote:

Buuzzzzzz.....
Sorry, but our contestant already played the "no cite" card.
But don't worry... this wasn't the elimination round!
;^)
Robert

Do I get to roll again?

Do I get to roll again?
No, but we have a nice parting gift.
Dave in Houston

Not another book of frickin' coupons!!!!
Dave Balderstone wrote:

Hold the elevator for me.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

You're going down?
Dave Balderstone wrote:

I don't have any idea what you're talking about. I haven't read any political threads in the newsgroup. Certainly killfiles and message rules are my friends.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com
"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote in message ... | Dave Balderstone wrote: | > I'm going to unsub for a time. The US politics threads are to much | > effort to killfile, and are overwhelming the signal with noise. | | I don't have any idea what you're talking about. I haven't read any political | threads in the newsgroup. Certainly killfiles and message rules are my friends.
| -- | Mortimer Schnerd, RN | mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com | Same here. I have eliminated most with the same methods. It's sad to see that so many thought that they could use this ng as a private therapy session or political stump. Some people must sit at their keyboards all day and promote their vast knowledge. I can usually glean some useful stuff from anyone, but the frequent posters have little to offer me.
woodstuff