Golden Ratio for "foot" vs top?

Making up a art desk for a christmas present which is an angled top about 26" deep. I've glued up stock to make feet which will run parallel to the sides which are like you see on traditional work benches. What is the proper "dimension" of those feet? Currently I am about 4-5" shorter in length and 1.5" thick. Plan to connect to the art desk with a plate across the bottom at an interior baffle in the desk, then rabit the legs to the plate, run those to a mortise in the feet.
Alan
On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 15:48:06 +0000, A Womack wrote:

ratio if you need it: 1.61803399 = ( 1 + sqrt(5) )/2
--
"Keep your ass behind you"
vladimir a t mad scientist com

some bad ascii art
******************** ********************** **** **** **** ****
type of foot.
A google search found me a bench with the feet shape, picture was about 300K so dialup users beware.
http://www.digitallitter.com/worldtree/workbench/workbench1.jpg
It's not my bench, just the feet dimensions are what I am curious about in a design function.

Listen to Beethoven.
Look at Leonardo.
Is there not always a mass that provides the underpinning?
Regard that Classical Consolidator - Palladio.
His books are out of protection by more years than a few and can be had cheap in replication.
Dover is a good house for the Classics.
The design of columns will provide a clue.
Regards, Tom.

Or if you like plain e-text, project Gutenberg has a whole lot of them.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam