Going price of cherry

One of the local Windsor Plywood here in the PNW has a pallet of 12/4 cherry in 10 ft lengths (6"-14" widths). It's nice looking wood; clean but not especially figured. I don't know the exact species of it but it looks pretty common. It's priced at $9.99 bf. Is this a fair price? What does 12/4 cherry sell for in other parts of the country?

Reply to
bsheeres

My local guy sells it for 7.50 (6.90 if >100 bdft)

Upstate NY. I beleive that his prices are, if anything a little below average.

-Steve

Reply to
C & S

$8.95 here in CT

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Hey Bsheeres, I just puurchased some 16/4 10 inch for 13$ a bdft in Oxford, PA. 6/4

12 inch was going for 6.75 and 8/4 12 inch Figured was 8.75, just to name a few. Marc
Reply to
marc rosen

Here in Ontario, Canada, cherry goes for $14.00 CAD for 16/4 and $8.65 for

4/4.
Reply to
EXT

$8.40 in Houston.

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

Lakeshore Hardwoods in Pulaski, NY is my favorite place, and they don't list 12/4 on their website, but 8/4 is $4-6.95 depending on length. Andy

Reply to
Andy

Here in rural Kentucky, $2.50 for common.

Mine cost less than $1.00. I picked some quilted out of a pallet of common for $2.50. Smirking Oh, did I mention a couple of 10" wide tiger for $2.50?

Reply to
Woodhead

Here I see from $4 to 7 per bf of cherry, depending on the grade. Price can vary greatly based on location. Your price sounds a little high, but I would buy a LOT of it at that price.

Reply to
Phisherman