Goddamn Google Groups

Page 2 of 2

Charlie Self wrote:

It just happened to me for the first time. Went to Google Groups page and it said I was not subscribed to any groups.
I clicked "manage my subscriptions" and there were all the groups to which I subscribe. Clicked on the "save group settings" button, then clicked on "my groups" at the top of the page. Everything's back to normal.
I didn't have any starred topics so I don't what to do about that.
Charlie Self wrote:

Your life would be a lot easier (and cheaper) without AOL. SBC DSL is only $14.95 if you are in an area they serve.
-- dadiOH ____________________________

Hundreds of thousands of users have dumped AOL this year. Must be a reason.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

One more coming up. I've been aiming in that direction for a year or so now, as AOL reduces its benefits and maintains its costs to the user.
Weird group. They take away services and can't understand why people leave.
I'm in limbo at the moment, with a possible two or three week wait, but should be either moving to Verizon, or to a satellite after that. I'll maintain the AOL line for six months to make sure everyone I need to keep track of knows.
Charlie Self wrote:

"Benefits"? Can't think of a single one...
--
dadiOH

I think broadband has more to do with it than anything. AOL profits are up with less customers due to advertising sales.
Brian Elfert