gluing up Ipe for table legs...need advice

I've been working with ipe recently for table bases that I make. I really like the way it finishes with oil and wax. My local lumber yard carries 1x4, 1x6, and 2x2 ipe for deck building purposes. The thing is I want to make a table with legs that are at least a full 2", preferably 2 1/4-2 1/2" square. What would be the procedure for milling the 2x2's and gluing them up? I have a table saw and thickness planer but not a jointer. Obviously I'd like the glue joints to be as inconspicuous as possible. Is this feasible or should I make a drive to a hardwood supplier for a different type of stock? TIA.
Dale
Dale wrote:

If you prefer to use solid stock, "Advantage Lumber & Trim" in Buffalo sells ipe in up to 4" x 10" nominal dimension. They will ship. Here's their web site:
http://www.advantagelumber.com /
-- Jack Novak Buffalo, NY - USA