Gluing MDO

I'm wondering if you can reliably glue to the paper surface of MDO. It seems pretty slick and non-absorbant. What glue do you think would be most reliable? Or, should I try to sand off the paper or roughen the surface a bit.

Reply to
greatviewcsc

Regular carpenter glue will not stick to the stuff. Construction adhesive will and you can just dab some on with a putty knife or something. The thing to remember though is that whatever you glue to the paper is still only stuck as good as the paper. On cabinet ends (when adding skins) we will try to scratch up the paper to get to whatever is underneath. Sometimes you can find a corner and just peel the crap off.

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike O.

contact cement... you may need more than one coat

shelly

Reply to
sheldon.mandel