Gluing ceramic tiles to particleboard... which glue?

Thanks you Dave, you really cleared my mind... I even localized two Durock providers on my area. I was asking about Sheetrock 'cause it is a remodelation going on at my office and I'm really amazed how easy and fast the guys are creating new walls with sheetrock and the smootheness of the final surface. Nice materials.

Thanks Faustino

Reply to
Faustino Dina

sure! Bruce mentioned additional details like using thinset (modified) under the Durock to secure it to the plywood. That is how I do it also. I use the screws designed for Durock, available at HD. Only use the square drive version; the others will cam out. Make the thinset thinner for this, then when you set the tiles; otherwise the durock will be wavy. The screws will pull it tight, but if the thinset is too thick, between the screws it will be bowed up.

dave

Faust> Thanks you Dave, you really cleared my mind... I even localized two Durock

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

yep. this is a good beginner to intermediate tile setting book. clear and to the point. Bridger

Reply to
nospam