Gluing Broken MDF

Page 2 of 2

Experience has shown that biscuits in MDF have a tendency to initiate splitting along the center of the panel. Also screws promote disintegration in the local area of the panel. Did you not notice the word "optional" used with the dowel recommendation? Art
On 6/30/2016 12:21 AM, Artemus wrote:

I have used pocket hole screws to connect MDF and Domino's to reinforce MDF unions. It is strong union.
Did you not notice the word "optional" used with

Yes I saw optional dowels along with Nix My tested suggestion.

But this is the internet, is this where we launch ad hominem attacks now? ;~) Art
On 6/30/2016 5:08 PM, Artemus wrote:

Yes!

No! LOL.
On 6/30/2016 4:55 PM, Leon wrote:

Obviously proving you're both Nazi's ....
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 6/30/16 9:20 PM, Swingman wrote:

OAK RUST!!!!!!
--

-MIKE-

That seems reasonable, since biscuits tend to swell from the moisture in the glue (or any other source of moisture).
John