Gluing after a water based pore filler?

I know it doesn't work well to glue after staining, but how about after pore filling?
It will be an awful lot easier to fill and sand the parts before assembly, but then I will be gluing some parts that have been poor filled. (african mahogany)
I don't think it will matter since the water based material doesn't penetrate much, and most of it will be sanded off, except what is in the pores. So most of the surface will be clean for gluing.
Is this right, or am I asking for problems? Thanks.

Because it is easier to treat a surface before glue up I often do this too. However you have to weigh you incontinence. Mask off the glue areas with tape. Treat the areas, remove the tape, and glue it up. If masking the areas is more trouble than treating after glue up, glue up first.