Gluing Acrlic's

I just received two 4'x4'x1/4" Acrylite sheets for free and I was wanting to make a router plate with some of it. Thinking of using two pieces and gluing them together for strength. Believe a 1/2" of clear acrylic would be strong enough to hold a router. I've tried to glue this stuff before with ca but it didn't hold. What would you guys suggest? I would like it to be something clear so I could see through the acrylic. I assume some kind of epoxy.
Thanks in advance
Rich
--
You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK.

be
Just because you got it for free doesn't mean you should use it! Gluing acrylic face to face is not going to get you a transparent router base. Better to buy a small square of 1/2" stuff. It will be cheaper than the epoxy and work lots better. Ask your supplier for the toughest clear stuff you can get. Plain sheet acrylic isn't going to last very long before it becomes opaque through wear. -- Ernie
Ernie Jurick, decides to chip in.

Ernie, is this Polycarbonate easily available? I went to the link but I doubt they are interested in selling in a small quantity.
Rich
--
You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK.