Glues and Their Proper Storage

Page 4 of 4

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Yes tight lids and normal temperatures.
Although I can remember the time that the damn super glue hadn't hardened by the the next time I wanted to use it.
Contact glue with eventually harden even if sealed, probably 2-3 years.
Elmers woodworking glue, is that the same as Elmer carpenters glue (yellow)? I recently replace a gallon of carpenters glue that I bought at least 20 years ago. And yes the last 1/2" was a little thick. You definitely have a problem if yours goes bad in less than 10 years. Besides, when it thickens a little, just a bit of water, mix well, and you will never know the difference.

Buy small amounts. It goes bad fast, and humidity is the "cure" trigger. Fortunatly, it's pretty cheap.

My dad has some that's 30 years old that he still uses. For most mere mortals, who aren't doing production countertop installs, buy only what you need for a job or that you'll use in a couple months.

I've seen this grow mold, but I USUALLY go through it long before that happens.