Glueing wood to mirrors

Hi, guys, long time lurker and short time woodworker here. Got a question I can't find the answer to anywhere else, so I thought I'd check here.
My wife and I scroll saw crafts and have been asked to cut out a butterfly with a mirror backdrop. I already have the mirror cut out in a 8 x 10 frame, and a butterfly set cut out of birch plywood. It is a glass mirror.
What do you think the best and neatest way to glue the wood to the mirror without making a mess? Spray adhesive or super glue or what?
thanks for your Help.
Ted
I used superglue to fasten a mahogany cross (1/4" thick) to a mirror and its held fine. Just used a drop every few inches and held it in place for a few seconds with no problem at all.
--
John Voss
Prescott Valley, AZ

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Ted L.) wrote in 3154.bay.webtv.net:

Another "vote" for silicone caulk -- it works perfectly for this type of application.

Model/hobby shops (R/C planes, etc.) sell some *very* sticky double-sided adhesive tape.
Is wonderful for this kind of thing, cuz it has some 'stretch'/'give' to it, _without_ weakening the bond. Accommodates the differences in thermal and/or humidity-driven expansion of the dissimilar materials.