Glueing ply to ply ???????

Hello, I want to attach 1/4 maple ply to the exterior of some 1/2 " plywood cabinets, should I use contact cement or regular wood glue? TIA, mikey

Reply to
noname

Regular. Titebond III.

Alex

Reply to
AAvK

If you have a way to apply pressure to every square inch of the plywood, like a vacuum press, go with regular glue. If you are relying on the bond with out adequate pressure I would suggest contact cement.

Reply to
Leon

Good advice Leon. I second that motion :-)

-- Regards,

Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews

60 woodworking product reviews online!

------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 6 Reviews:

- Fasco GN-40A Brad Nailer

- Taunton's Complete Illustrated Guide to Furniture & Cabinet Construction

- Milescraft SignCrafter

- Ryobi EMS1830SCL 12" SCMS

- Bessey K-Body Clamps

- Lumber Wizard Metal Detector

Woodcrafter

I agree with Leon, done it many times. Just be sure to put contact cement on both surfaces.

Al

Reply to
Al

In a day or two I'll be bonding 1/4 ply to 3/4. I'll be using contact adhesive. That way I don't have to hassle with clamping it (the project is an existing cabinet so clamping would be a major PITA).

David

snipped-for-privacy@nospam.net wrote:

Reply to
David

You know, of course, to first thoroughly degrease and perhaps lightly sand the surfaces of the existing cabinets - even if you use contact cement. You have one chance to get it right.

Hoyt W.

Reply to
Hoyt Weathers

If the existing cabinets have a finish, wood glue won't work too well. It requires wood to wood contact for best results. I'd go with the contact cement.

Reply to
Jim K