Glueing ply to ply ???????

Hello, I want to attach 1/4 maple ply to the exterior of some 1/2 " plywood cabinets, should I use contact cement or regular wood glue? TIA, mikey

Regular. Titebond III.
Alex
If you have a way to apply pressure to every square inch of the plywood, like a vacuum press, go with regular glue. If you are relying on the bond with out adequate pressure I would suggest contact cement.

Good advice Leon. I second that motion :-) -- Regards,
Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com Over 60 woodworking product reviews online! ------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 6 Reviews: - Fasco GN-40A Brad Nailer - Taunton's Complete Illustrated Guide to Furniture & Cabinet Construction - Milescraft SignCrafter - Ryobi EMS1830SCL 12" SCMS - Bessey K-Body Clamps - Lumber Wizard Metal Detector
Woodcrafter wrote:

You know, of course, to first thoroughly degrease and perhaps lightly sand the surfaces of the existing cabinets - even if you use contact cement. You have one chance to get it right.
Hoyt W.
I agree with Leon, done it many times. Just be sure to put contact cement on both surfaces.
Al

In a day or two I'll be bonding 1/4 ply to 3/4. I'll be using contact adhesive. That way I don't have to hassle with clamping it (the project is an existing cabinet so clamping would be a major PITA).
David
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.net wrote:

If the existing cabinets have a finish, wood glue won't work too well. It requires wood to wood contact for best results. I'd go with the contact cement.