Glueing Paduck

I need to glue two pices of Paduck about 2" x 2" Is the first time I ever used such whood and it feels "waxy" or "fat" to the touch. I wander if regular carpenter glue works. Any experience? Should I use a different glue?
Thanks Mauro
MG wrote:

Should work ... just sand the surface lightly before applying the glue to both sides.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
MG wrote:

Where is Steve Knight these days?
Think he used Paduck in his planes.
"Waxy" wood often requires extra surface prep.
I'd wipe the surfaces with acetone, then hit them with 60 grit to roughen before attempting to glue.
Step 1: TiteBondII.
If that fails, Step 2: Thickened epoxy.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

IIRC, not recommended for paduak.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Many years ago I built 3 or 4 pieces of furniture out of Padauk. Many years ago would be 25+. I have a book shelf cabinet made from Oak with Padauk trim, a Maple butcher block with Padauk rings around the legs, and a Padauk, Cocobolo, and Walnut coffee table. Back then I used Elmer's Carpenter yellow glue, all pieces are holding up well.

I use Titebond II & Titebond III on my segmented turnings. I've done lots of Padauk, Ebony, Wenge, Bubinga, Zebrawood, Bloodwood, Redheart, Zircote, Bocote, etc. I've got some test pieces and some that I tried to make too thin out in my shop which is unheated unless I'm working out there. Summer is high humidity and high temps. Winter It is low humidity and 20's that go up to 70-80 (wood stove) in a short time then drop again when I quit working. None of the joints have failed nor have they had any "glue creep".
|I need to glue two pices of Paduck about 2" x 2" | Is the first time I ever used such whood and it feels "waxy" or "fat" to the | touch. | I wander if regular carpenter glue works. | Any experience? | Should I use a different glue?
I had good success recently gluing Padauk to African Blackwood with Titebond III -- I chose that because it's "waterproof"
Norm

LOL,, Water Resistant! There is no truth in labeling anymore. I went round and round with Franklin about that claim several years ago after IIRC Wood Magazine did a test of glues. TB II proved to hold up better than TB III in wet condition testing.
Franklin claims Waterproof because the testing standards that they conform to indicate that for a Water Proof glue to be labeled Water Proof, it only has to be Water Resistant.
Go figger.
I only use TB III because I prefer the darker color that it dries to when I am working with Oak.
Thank you all.
Mauro