Glueing 1/4" Ply to Ceiling

I am building a study with a stained wood ceiling. I am installing 1/4" plywood between beams. The ply is approximately 4'X4'. I have screwed 1/2 ply to the ceiling primarily to serve as a backer board for nailing the crown molding and next I need to glue the 1/4" ply to the 1/2" ply. My question is how do I hold the 1/4" ply in place while the glue dries so that I get a good even lamination of the two plys? I plan to use construction adhesive. Is there a better glue? Perhaps contact cement would be a good option.
Thanks in advance for any help.
make up a crutch with a piece of 1/2" plywood and a couple of 2/4s to hold it up while the glue sets.
_____________ |
| | |
just put the piece up, jam that in under it till the glue dries.
Thats what i'd do anyways. :)

IMHO you are going through alot of trouble but then I'm reminded of something my Dad use to tell me...."If you over build it you won't have to worry about it"
I assume you are trying to avoid visible signs of fasteners. How about using panel adhesive? You could trowel it on to get an even spread, nail around the perimeter where the crown would cover and use a separate piece of ply tacked in place again where it will be covered and use some jacks to apply pressure till the glue sets. Jacks being pieces of wood just a hair longer than needed and flexible enough to wedge in place.

How about a "dead man" like you'd use for drywalling a ceiling? Just an upright say a 2X4 or 2X3 with a piece nailed to the top to make a 'T', and cut to a lenght so that it can be wedged under the plywood? Or perhaps contact cement could be used?
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland
snipped-for-privacy@swri.org (Kent) wrote in

<snip>
(tongue planted firmly in cheek...) "a couple a brads....?"
Patriarch
Could you maybe use a couple of drywall jacks or adjustable jack posts? Only problem is you have to wait for each section to dry before you take down the jacks and move to the next section. BJ

snipped-for-privacy@swri.org (Kent) wrote in message

How about trying a hot glue gun. I used this for molding in combination with liquid nails. It worked well.