glued joints require bedbolts?

Hi,
I decided to go with the traditional siderails -> mortised into bedposts solution for my bed.
Do I need bedbolts to tighten the joints, or is glueing enough? Can I go with bedbolts only (i.e. no glueing - bed can be knocked down) or do they go hand in hand (glue+bolts)?
Thanks: Marton
If you're going to do more than sleep in it, pin the tenons to keep their shoulders in register regardless of the changes in the glue.
The bed bolts keep things in register and can be adjusted to accommodate wood movement and human activity.

"wood movement and human activity." Redundant?
On 31 Jul 2004 09:35:18 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@kirowski.com (Marton Czebe) wrote:

Glue the headboard and tailboards as separate pieces. Use bolts (without glue) to secure the siderails.