Glue up MDF

What glue to use to glue-up bar top made of 2 5/8 MDF and 1 1/4 red oak plywood. Some exposure to moisture. TiteBond OK or contact cement best? Any other suggestions?
Thanks MB

Well, the free Titebond poster that just came in my Wood magazine would recommend Titebond III, which is a waterproof exterior glue.
todd

Wood glue. I've done it with a table top. One problem. I didn't finish one table fast enough [let it lie for a while] and a wide center panel warped ever so slightly ....enough to make the difference in that material which is BAD on a side-view. A visible slit, however slight, between materials is enough to cause major problems later. It's still leaning against the wall until I decide how I might want to reuse the material.
So, glue up as you usually would [wood?] and make sure you finish both sides with a few coats of varnish to take care of moisture problems.
If really concerned about moisture, don't use MDF which acts like highly compressed paper. It's much like paper from a side-view with regard to strength and moisture expansion and separation. Also, a bar will have drunken woodworkers banging their beer glasses on it with cries for more booze, so I'd go for something more substantial in the first place. Live a little: Solid oak.
Bill.