Glue spots

This is a problem that has bitten me once again! No, not on wood, on my clothes. As I was assembling a joint, it slipped and wiped glue across the front of a clean pair of pants. Grrrrr! Anyone know how to get glue out of fabric?

Reply to
John B

Assuming use of white or yellow carpenter's glue; IMMEDIATELY strip, apply one of the commercially available pre-wash stain removers (Spray n' Wash, etc), rub the cleaner into the glue area, let it set for a few minutes, reapply and wash with normal detergent.

Did this last week with a shirt and it came out clean.

Heloise (AKA RonB)

Reply to
RonB

BEWARE! DANGER!! This is a scam to get you naked so photos can be taken and blackmail applied. DAMHIKT. shriek, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Reply to
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.ne

A blowtorch would indeed do the trick. But if the white or yellow glue is still wet, soaking and rubbing well in plenty of water should too, and leave your clothes intact. Assuming the glue has dried, I think you have a new pair of shop/lawnmowing pants. If it's dried, I would try soaking in water, but I doubt it would all come out. What were you doing wearing good clothes in the shop anyway?

Reply to
Andy

Scissors

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Reply to
Pat Barber

If you catch it before it hardens, just strip and toss in the wash NOW

If it has hardened, often a soak in vinegar will soften it and maybe allow it to be washed out

John

Reply to
john

Once was enough for me to learn to use old clothes when gluing. I DGAS about the glue anymore.

Art

Reply to
Wood Butcher

Apply some "DeGlue GOO" .. .. .. no kidding, the stuff actually does exist, and it works !! !! !!

John B wrote:

Reply to
"<<<

Lol - its called look honey - I have a new pair of shop pants!

Reply to
Rob V

in my case having naked pictures of me in your possesion might make subject to blackmail....

Reply to
bridger

You beat me to it.

I also wear a shop apron most of the time or clothes that I won't mind having glue gobs on.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

My work clothes can almost stand by themselves because of the glue and paint. :) John

Reply to
John B

Regular carpenters glue should wash out. Best to soak the garment in soapy warm water overnight, apply vinegar to the spot, then wash.

Reply to
Phisherman

Leave it in.

Now you won't look so-out-of-place in the contractor line-up at the wholesaler when you turn up there at 6am with everybody else.

Reply to
root

I suppose you wear good cloths in the shop.

Reply to
CW