Glue shelf life

In this past year I read an article in one of the woodworking magazines where they explained how to decode the numbers printed on the glue bottles of the leading manufacturers. As you can imagine a year shelf life is not a long time unless you working on a big project and to buy glue that's been sitting around...well you get the picture. So I can't remember where I read it & I can't find the info on the net and I need to get some titebond lll & was hoping to be able to determine how fresh it was. Anybody else know this info?

Reply to
Chris

Thanks!

Reply to
Chris

Somebody gave me a bottle of Titebond as a gag gift. About 8 years later I actually used it. Worked fine. This was before I got into woodworking, obviously.

Reply to
Toller

Sat, Apr 28, 2007, 8:18am snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Chris) doth mumble: As you can imagine a year shelf life is not a long time unless you working on a big project and to buy glue that's been sitting around...well you get the picture.

Yeah I get the picture. Or at least A picture. It's a no brainer, if you've got nothing better to do then worry about something like that, buy smaller bottles of glue.

JOAT If you don't ask the right questions, the answers don't matter.

- W.S. Lind

Reply to
J T

Buying a smaller out of date bottle of glue isn't much of a help.

Reply to
Chris