glue hinge?

Ok, made router cabinet, predrilled hinge holes prior to assembly, everything lines up, yada, yada, yada.
Issue is I have one set of hinges which I *forgot* to predrill, and now there is literally no room to get a drill inside the opening. Will hot glue hold the hinge sifficiently? Door is 6" x 8" x 3/4" MDF, so not much weight. Thanks gang...

glue
weight.
no. try a right angle attachment for your drill.
Chris, I'm sure folks will come up with things like using a pin vise to hold the drill bit, using a tap handle to hold a drill bit or various other creative solutions. Someone will suggest a solution to your problem that will work for you.
What bothers me is "predrilling." Nobody drills holes anymore!! Everyone wants to predrill. The woodworking shows on TV want to predrill. The woodworking magazines want to predrill.
I know how to drill a hole. A clearance hole. A tap hole. A starter hole. A counterbored hole.
I know how to drill a hole. I don't know how to pre a hole.
You'll have to preexcuse me now; I have to preeat, so I can go pregas my truck, so I can prepare for Hurricane Jeanne.
Jack

glue
weight.

Hi Jack,
Well damn! All these years I've been pre-drilling when I should have been actually...well...drilling!
I guess my pre-cutting, pre-routing, pre-sanding, pre-staining and pre-finishing. were all a waste of time too!
:-)
Lou

Oh, yes - forget the hot glue - it'll never hold.
I have used epoxy when I had to repair some old PB doors where the hinges tore out. Held up pretty well.
Lou

Writing about such things, before sending the article to the news-server, Well, there's only one way to describe such activities......
pre-post-erous.
<groan>
Good Groaner. JG
Robert Bonomi wrote:

glue
weight.
You might have room to make it with a gimlet. (SP) an old hand tool used to make screw starter holes. CC Email address spamproofed Reply to: lamp dot lighter at att dot net
Could you mount the hinges to a small filler piece, then glue that in place?
Chris Carruth wrote:

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 20:58:44 GMT, "Chris Carruth"

probably way too tackey for this group, but is there room to use a punch for you holes and pop rivet it?
Mac
No.

glue
weight.
On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 20:58:44 GMT, "Chris Carruth"

I doubt it very much- it's been my experience that hot glue won't hold a darn thing, especially metal. Your best bet would probably get yourself a stubby screw driver and put in the screws the hard way- you can get them started by tapping a finishing nail in a little ways, and then pulling it out. Coat the screw threads in soap, and that'd make it a little easier as well. Barring that, you might try some epoxy or construction adhesive, but I wouldn't count on that either.
Many suggest wax instead of soap as it attracts moisture then rusts.
On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 23:17:37 -0500, Prometheus