Glue for maple to maple?

Page 2 of 2

OK, I've got a full quart of TB-II, so, for what most guys say in response, 'cept for "JT", that should do it. I guess I should align the boards with biscuits? Or would that weaken the whole assembly in any way?
At the adult ed. shop I go to, there are six pretty large student woodworkers table benches, this is a high school mind you, each is perfectly square. Each has a vise (old Wiltons with "L" shaped jaw faces) on the far right corner of each face, four students to each table.
These tops are soft white maple or euro steamed beech and atop "locker stands". They must have been a factory product for schools and definitely made in the 60's, but some of the edge boards have come loose, remainiong attached at the each end because of metal binding coping strips using screws, I think they are thick extruded aluminum.
So I suppose if TB-II didn't exist back then, it must be good enough these days, to last a lifetime of pounding, yes? But only 5 minutes open time.... aaaaaaarrrrrgggghhhh!
--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

already bought that stuff in small size.
I guess my boards will be 57" long plus outward spline except for the front two at minus 10", 47", for a tail vise of my own design. 57" + 2" of inner jaw/apron and so forth, then another 2" of outer jaw with dog holes, then another 3" (or so) for the spindle ends with handles.
I will have four rods, two different lengths, outer are longer for going through from front to the back of the tool trough ramps. Inner rods are shorter, going from front to the inside of the tool trough.
I bought cheapo pipe clamps though, for 7 on top and 7 below. Currently I am making clamp pads of "philipino" mahogany (practically fluff), yet to be drilled monday night. But the rod would be good to have now, they could do the aligning.
--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
I just want to THANK everyone that helped here, I will use the TB-II that I have, it's gotta get used anyway. Much apprecited!!!
...Now to work out the dog holes and threaded rod arrangement. For strength I am thinking stainless rod and threaded on the ends.