glue and dust wood filler

(May be a dumb question) How do you keep glue and saw dust wood filler from turning dark brown/black when it dries. I'm using titbond and oak dust from the sander. Would white elmers glue be better? thx.
On 5/4/13 2:02 PM, ts wrote:

Perhaps... but keep in mind homemade wood putty made with glue won't take stain. Depending on the glue, it make not take paint very well, either.
--

-MIKE-

On 5/4/2013 2:02 PM, ts wrote:

First off depending on which TB glue you are using will depend on what color the clue will dry. TBIII dries quite dark all by itself. TB White SlowSet dries clear.
Next wood darkens when it is wet with water or oil. Your glue will darken the dust. If you don't want the spot to darken leave the dust out and use a white glue.
If you are trying to fill a gap, use wood filler that is made for that purpose.