Gloatasaurus

Page 1 of 2
Went to an estate sale this weekend. Not much in furniture or housewares that attracted me or my wife. Headed out to the men's area to find an old Rockwell Unisaw and a big ass planer. Now, I don't really need a Unisaw as I've got one already and my shop space is tight as it is. The planer will replace my older Delta benchtop which has performed well but is definitely a light weight machine.
As I was loading up on Sunday morn this guy pulls up and looks all disappointed in my direction. Comes up to talk and asks how much I paid. Seeing he's kinda crestfallen already I told him $250 - was trying to spare him a fit and heart attack - I really paid $175 for BOTH.
It pays to be the early bird.
____

"To know the world intimately is the beginning of caring."

You really are a bastard, you know that don't you?
Dave "I say this with a degree of admiration, of course" Hinz
I believe the traditional saluation is
YOU SUCK!
otoh, congrats on the get.
--

Stephen

"Dave Hinz" < snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net> wrote in message
Minnow.
:)
____

"To know the world intimately is the beginning of caring."
Yesssss. Aaap - just another crappie.
:)
____

"To know the world intimately is the beginning of caring."

I think that sound you hear is Tom Murphy screaming as he throws himself off a cliff. Oh, and of course... you suck....
P.
Minnow.
:)
____

"To know the world intimately is the beginning of caring."
Fly-by-Night CC wrote:

So! The ABAP, it got a name?
UA100, overlooking the Unisaw and wondering, the ABAP, it got a name?...
Alright!... Large mouth bass!
Not quite the lunker I was casting to but he'll do nonetheless.
:)
____

"To know the world intimately is the beginning of caring."
Fly-by-Night CC said:

You suck.

That probably would have been Tom Murphy - who says "you REALLY suck".

Yea, yea...
How come all I ever find at garage sales is old broken TVs, filthy children's car-seats, and fat-wimmens clothing?
Greg G.
Greg G. responds:

Wonder why I haven't met you yet. I hit a garage sale a week ago where there was a lot of the above, but also a pretty decent little stereo system maybe 8-9 years old. At $50, I figured a new one with warranty was more sensible--at $39.95.
Shop stereo doesn't have to be great, but I'm sure not about to pick up someting used that's about as good as something new, with the new going for less.
Sometimes people who price this stuff are a little...proud, I guess, of their things.
Charlie Self "There are two ways of exerting one's strength: one is pushing down, the other is pulling up." Booker T. Washington
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme says...

it's a pleasant Friday morning diversion.
OTOH, if you go on Sunday afternoon all you'll see are the leavings, but even then ... We once got a 20 gallon aquarium, a breadmaker, and a neat framed print - for nothing! The seller's comment was "Take anything you want - I was just getting ready to haul it all to the dump."
--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

Charlie Self said:

You live in the wrong state, perhaps? I'm in GA. I lived in Florida for 10 years, and did far better in the "good score" department - but being close to a Naval carrier base probably helped. I try to hit them on Friday afternoon if possible, or Saturday morning - but no luck - still looking for that box of 120 year old planes for $5. ;-)

I used to work on electronic stuff, before it was all junk imported from China, and stereos and TVs are definitely NOT on my list of things to buy... I have a basement full of the stuff. Can't even sell them at garage sales, but they are too nice to throw away.
But like shop machinery, sometimes older is better. Most of this new stuff is designed to work just about as long as the warranty lasts.

Yea, I guess I'm guilty of that myself - but I'm negotiable... ;-)
Greg G.
On 18 Oct 2004 23:55:40 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

Makes you wonder why they feel the need to stick it out in the driveway with a little piece of tape on it then, doesn't it?

Bluegill.
:)
____

"To know the world intimately is the beginning of caring."
Fly-by-Night CC said:

Problem is, it was a gut hook. Still, it beats being a minnow or a crappie... ;-)
Greg G.
<Greg G.> wrote in message Greg G. wrote:

Now, now, some crappie slabs are rather impressive.
On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 12:56:34 -0700, Fly-by-Night CC

ROFL!!! I can't even say you suck about this one, after reading the "anti-gloat" first. Nice score. On second thought, you do suck after all.
Fly-by-Night CC
.

My leg is sore. I think someone is pulling it ;) Funny as hell though!
Damn spooked 'im...
:)
____

"To know the world intimately is the beginning of caring."