Gloat? & wood id

My wife works at an assisted living facility and brought this piece home after one of the residents passed away. The family didn't want it and the staff didn't want it. I'd told her that any time you see dovetailed drawers, you are looking at something that is probably of a better quality. This piece had been painted over with a lime green color and then painted over that with white paint. I'm done stripping and sanding the top and the pictures show the top w/a little mineral spirits on it to bring out the grain. It looks to me like curly maple but I'm not an expert. It seems a little darker and redder than the maple I'm used to. Thoughts?
Pictures on abpw.
remove nospam to use email

Casey Stamper