Gloat (sort of) 2nd hand craftsman sander, not a steal, but not too bad.

Picked up a craftsman 113.22580 6" belt, 9" disk sander on craftsman stand at the flea market this sunday. I think he said it was from 1980, not sure though. It had a 3/4 horse, cap start motor on it. (Not OE) runs quiet, bearings all tight. Person was asking $80.00, we agreed on $65.00. The stand and motor are painted a funky silver, and there are wood side braces painted silver. Plan on painting the stand and sander machine grey, and replacing the wood side rails with natural finish oak. Don't know if you had to add your own wood braces to this stand, or if it's something the guy doctored up. I wrote emerson about a manual for it. Also hope to pick up a second table for it,as you must move this one from the belt to the disk. This guy is 90 years old, and is not doing too much woodwork anymore. I told him the sander would get a good home. Thanks, Tony D.

Reply to
Tony D.

[snip]
Reply to
jo4hn

I also had one of those, until I found a better one. Mone danced around the shop, until I took plywood and stiffened up the motor mount plate, then it behaved better.

Reply to
ToolMiser

Reply to
Herbert Robinson

Gee, I hope I dont have a lot of trouble with this one. It "looks" like a pretty nice sander, Thanks, Tony D.

Reply to
Tony D.