gloat - show your kids how to use tools and see what happens

I came home from work late the other day and found that a torn screen in a side door had been fixed ... I asked my wife and she said our 11 year old son fixed it when he came home from school.
He said he knew how to do it because he had helped me last year, and knew that where the roller tool, screen material and scissors were ...
Makes me glad to be a Dad
He even put the tools away.
Matt wrote:

Thoughtful kid. Better keep him.

Way to go, Dad. An "I can do it" gift that'll last for a lifetime....

Yuppers - serious gloat material.

That's the awe-inspiring part! (A neener?)
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA

Time for some phsychological intervention, the kid ain't normal! ;-) Greg
I beg to differ, Greg. Matt's got a fine boy who in turn seems to have a couple of fine parents. I truly believe Matt's son is normal, it's just that we spend too much time now-a-days giving attention to the bad kids. Our society is elevating the bad ones to "normalcy" while Matt's and many of our kids go unnoticed. Take a bow Matt, you and your wife are doing a great job.

Did ya miss the smiley at the end of my post? I WAS JOKING!!! GReg
Its ok ... there were just 2 tools (screen roller and scissors) , that are kept in a drawer in a workbench next to where he parks his bike in the garage. I too was surprised that the tools were put away :)

Aw come on... We all know he realizes he'll be of driving age in the not too distant future. He just wants to score points before he asks for the keys. ;-) Sounds like you have a good son, Matt.                             Mark L.
Matt wrote:

Sat, Jun 12, 2004, 7:58am snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca (Matt) makes the wild claim: <snip> He even put the tools away.
Your kid is not normal.
JOAT You know it's gonna be a bad day, when you turn on the news and they're showing escape routes out of the city.

Start of a career as a consultant. I'll hire him to consult with my kids...