Gloat - PC 8529

Does this qualify? I've been working out of town for 3 weeks - haven't been able to make any dust, and it SUCKS!! I went into the local Borg - on Long Island - tonight, just to look around and see what kind of tools they had.
Looked at the router display - they had the PC 8529 on sale for $100!! Asked the tool guy if they had any more (I coulnd't find any on the stock shelf). He said they just about flew out of the store when they marked them down (no kidding?). But, he agreed to sell me the display unit for $90. It didn't have the case, wrench or directions, but it did have the 1/2" collett attached to the cord. I pulled out the AMEX, and jumped on it!
Went back to the hotel room, downloaded the directions from the PC site, and sent them an email and asked if I could buy a collett wrench from them - In any case, it seems like an outstanding deal -
"Dang! Why doesn't this ever happen to me?", he whined. OBYS (obligatory you suck!) and your mother wears combat boots.     snivel,     jo4hn
N Bozovich wrote:

[snip]

I do believe you suck! Greg

Selling the display for 10% off is the standard procedure for Home Depot. Most of the time the other pieces are missing like the 1/2" collet, wrench, etc. I had the same offer earlier today, but chose to find a router that has all of the parts.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from
magic."
: Selling the display for 10% off is the standard procedure for Home Depot. : Most of the time the other pieces are missing like the 1/2" collet, : wrench, etc. I had the same offer earlier today, but chose to find a : router that has all of the parts.
Which city's are you finding these in ?:
Bob Gramza wrote: | Which city's are you finding these in ?:
I found mine in Birmingham, Al.
--
Jake
N Bozovich wrote: | Does this qualify?| | Looked at the router display - they had the PC 8529 on sale for $100!! | Asked the tool guy if they had any more (I coulnd't find any on the | stock shelf). He said they just about flew out of the store when they | marked them down (no kidding?). But, he agreed to sell me the display | unit for $90. It didn't have the case, wrench or directions, but it | did have the 1/2" collett attached to the cord.

$100!!
they
display
North Richland Hills, Texas