Gloat, or just a great deal?

Just picked up a lightly-used Grizzly 16" bandsaw, 1.5hp, old all-cast-iron style, with fence, miter guage, roller guide bearings, etc., for $290 (less than $0.75/lb!). Anyone want a used 10" Ryobi? And then there was the Sawzall (yes, Milwaukee) for $15 and the PC laminate trimmer for $5. And a bunch of random router bits, files, hardware, dowels, dial indicators w/magnetic bases, and scraps of various exotic hardwoods that were thrown in for free. The huge Enco CNC lathe/milling machine, and a decent-sized South Bend lathe, were still there, so if anyone wants to drive to Utica, NY, they'll give you a deal. Apparently a retired pool-cue maker passed away, and his (grown) kids just wanted to pass his tools along to someone who would use them. My metal-working buddy and I explained that they could get a lot more selling the stuff on ebay, we offered more than they asked, but they were just happy that the tools would stay in use, and their father would be happy that we were excited about new tools. Looking forward to wiring up the 220V this weekend, then setting up/tuning/playing with a new bandsaw! Not looking forward to getting the behemoth down the stairs, but I'll get by (with a little help from my friends). Andy

Reply to
Andy

Let me be the first to note how much you suck.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

ARG! I just saw that post on Craigs. I mapped it and it was a 4 hour drive to Utica from my house.... which means out of the question.

I'm look> Just picked up a lightly-used Grizzly 16" bandsaw, 1.5hp, old

Reply to
purduephotog

Jason, No drill presses at this place in Utica, but keep looking on Craigslist

- I've been watching eBay and all the major Craigs within about a 6hr drive for bandsaws for quite a while now. Worth the wait! When I first got to this place in Utica, after seeing a brief and vague Craigslist ad, I walked in and saw this little 9" Delta bandsaw, and had just about given up. Then I walk downstairs and see the green monster that's almost as tall as me... Of course I had just ordered a new custom blade and spring for my little Ryobi from Iturra, but they're going to let me switch the spring to the right one for the Griz. Cool! Andy

Reply to
Andy