Gloat of the first order!

Page 2 of 2

Mac My wife has all kinds of ideas, I just finished explaining why I would need a 8 inch jointer to make her a fine walnut hutch. Now I just need to find a deal on one. Until then how does a new bench with the base made out walnut sound.
Ed
On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 13:37:19 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@no.com wrote:

Sounds like a waste of walnut, unless it's my bench.. lol
Save the ends cuts and odd scraps, they're probably good turning blank material...
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
snipped-for-privacy@no.com wrote:

Jeez. Seems like you could have bargained him down to 4 or 5 hundred. Wotsamatta U?     criminy,     jo4hn p.s. you suck.

Better deal than the one I looked at a while back! I found an ad for some oak and walnut boards some gent was selling, asking $300. Went over and looked it all over, he wandered off so I had time to measure it all up. I figure it was worth $150 retail at the local borg. When I tell him he wants too much he says he has another pile of lumber in the garage that goes with it, so I check that over! Oh goody pineywood twoburfours, and a couple of 2X6'ers too! I was doing a remodel at the time so I could sue them. It brought the retail value of the deal close to his asking price. I offered him a $100, but he said he had a guy coming the next day that was gonna buy it all! I left him my phone number, but he never called back. Pulled in some sucker no doubt! I wondered why he did not show me all the wood right away! I think he was trying to sucker me in! Greg

BBW Years ago I learned how bad I am at computing bf. I took a 6ft by 6in 1in board and put it to bf. When I'm out in the yard looking for wood I can come pretty close to bf. This guy had plenty of money and I think he just wanted his garage empty. Out here in Az there are plenty of folks who think old wood should be sold as antique wood and commands a premium. Same with their rusted craftman routers and saws