Gloat of the first order!

Jeez. Seems like you could have bargained him down to 4 or 5 hundred. Wotsamatta U? criminy, jo4hn p.s. you suck.

Reply to
jo4hn

Mac My wife has all kinds of ideas, I just finished explaining why I would need a 8 inch jointer to make her a fine walnut hutch. Now I just need to find a deal on one. Until then how does a new bench with the base made out walnut sound.

Ed

Reply to
amazed

Better deal than the one I looked at a while back! I found an ad for some oak and walnut boards some gent was selling, asking $300. Went over and looked it all over, he wandered off so I had time to measure it all up. I figure it was worth $150 retail at the local borg. When I tell him he wants too much he says he has another pile of lumber in the garage that goes with it, so I check that over! Oh goody pineywood twoburfours, and a couple of

2X6'ers too! I was doing a remodel at the time so I could sue them. It brought the retail value of the deal close to his asking price. I offered him a $100, but he said he had a guy coming the next day that was gonna buy it all! I left him my phone number, but he never called back. Pulled in some sucker no doubt! I wondered why he did not show me all the wood right away! I think he was trying to sucker me in! Greg
Reply to
Greg O

Sounds like a waste of walnut, unless it's my bench.. lol

Save the ends cuts and odd scraps, they're probably good turning blank material...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

BBW Years ago I learned how bad I am at computing bf. I took a 6ft by 6in

1in board and put it to bf. When I'm out in the yard looking for wood I can come pretty close to bf. This guy had plenty of money and I think he just wanted his garage empty. Out here in Az there are plenty of folks who think old wood should be sold as antique wood and commands a premium. Same with their rusted craftman routers and saws
Reply to
amazed