Gloat of the first order!

Page 1 of 2

While looking at Craigslist over my morning cup I spotted an ad. for 1000bf of walnut. I called the guy. It turns out he is willing to let the lot go for 600.00. Off I go with my trailer to inspect it. It looks great 6 to 8 foot boards 4/4 4/8 . I ask about the price and he tells me he is moving and he starts to add things. 300bf of 4/8 alder, 3 sheets 3/4 baltic,2 sheets 1/2 baltic,1 sheet 3/4ply, a set of alder doors to a entertainment center. He tells me he just wants to see it go to someone who will use it. That would be me!
Ed
you suck
Len

God, how I hate you! You and the people who find Picassos at jumble sales for $5
FoggyTown
Beyond any doubt, you suck.
But I don't understand it. He could have sold it for $1,500 just as easily, and it still would have been a gloat. Why $600?

He is an ER Doctor and he was offered a 2 year position in NY City. He said he had to leave immediately and had no time to sell it. We started talking, I'm Marine and he has a son in Iraq. He gave me all his wood, I tried to swing a deal for his jointer, he laughed and said his shop was going in storage, he plans on setting up shop again. Nice Guy Ed

"you suck" doesn't even begin to cover this one. I wonder if it was his wood he sold you...
Dave Hinz wrote:

Hell, no... it was *my* wood. I'd appreciate you bringing it by.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

You are right David. "You suck" seems hardly adequate to describe this major crime. Perhaps we need a new term to describe these mega deals.

I mean, "you suck" is good for "gee, I wish I had stumbled into that and had had the cash". This is more of a "I'd sell what I had to to get that deal" kind of deal, which may in fact go beyond the standard "you suck".
Anyone have suggestions for an uber-suck term?
on 10/25/2005 12:44 PM Dave Hinz said the following:

Aggravated Gloatery?
Sort of like Aggravated Mopery except that you aren't required to exposure yourself to a blind woman.
Outstanding snag, Ed. Simply outstanding - enjoy it!
I hope, when you stack it. That the wall studs cave in, land on your car, crush the entertainment center that was 2 days away from delivery and you stub your toe packing it in!
You suck!

"please remove gun and mask before relating details of your gloat"?
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 09:21:46 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, snipped-for-privacy@no.com quickly quoth:

Thou Sucketh!
--- - Friends don't let friends use FrontPage - http://diversify.com Dynamic Website Programming

thou sucketh big time!
If sucking was a hamburger, you would be a Big Mac!
snipped-for-privacy@no.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@no.com (in snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com) said:
| While looking at Craigslist over my morning cup I spotted an ad. for | 1000bf of walnut. I called the guy. It turns out he is willing to | let the lot go for 600.00. Off I go with my trailer to inspect it. | It looks great 6 to 8 foot boards 4/4 4/8 . I ask about the price | and he tells me he is moving and he starts to add things. 300bf of | 4/8 alder, 3 sheets 3/4 baltic,2 sheets 1/2 baltic,1 sheet 3/4ply, | a set of alder doors to a entertainment center. He tells me he just | wants to see it go to someone who will use it. | That would be me!
Ed...
You (and the penguin on your telly) are about to implode!

I read the replies... ditto to the tenth power! Tom

You'd figure that some of that supermegasuckage could be put to work to get rid of some these frickin' leaves around here?
YOU SUCK!
(sorry - it's the obligatory response here)
charlie b
On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 09:21:46 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@no.com wrote:

Damn, Ed.. you suck so bad you cold have countered Wilma's force if you were there.. Great deal and it sounds like you made a friend worth keeping in contact with..
WTF are you going to make with 1,000 bf of walnut???