Gloat of the first order!

While looking at Craigslist over my morning cup I spotted an ad. for

1000bf of walnut. I called the guy. It turns out he is willing to let the lot go for 600.00. Off I go with my trailer to inspect it. It looks great 6 to 8 foot boards 4/4 4/8 . I ask about the price and he tells me he is moving and he starts to add things. 300bf of 4/8 alder, 3 sheets 3/4 baltic,2 sheets 1/2 baltic,1 sheet 3/4ply, a set of alder doors to a entertainment center. He tells me he just wants to see it go to someone who will use it. That would be me!

Ed

Reply to
amazed

you suck

Reply to
leonard

God, how I hate you! You and the people who find Picassos at jumble sales for $5

FoggyTown

Reply to
foggytown

Beyond any doubt, you suck.

But I don't understand it. He could have sold it for $1,500 just as easily, and it still would have been a gloat. Why $600?

Reply to
Toller

"you suck" doesn't even begin to cover this one. I wonder if it was his wood he sold you...

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Hell, no... it was *my* wood. I'd appreciate you bringing it by.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

You are right David. "You suck" seems hardly adequate to describe this major crime. Perhaps we need a new term to describe these mega deals.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 09:21:46 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, snipped-for-privacy@no.com quickly quoth:

Thou Sucketh!

--- - Friends don't let friends use FrontPage -

Dynamic Website Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I mean, "you suck" is good for "gee, I wish I had stumbled into that and had had the cash". This is more of a "I'd sell what I had to to get that deal" kind of deal, which may in fact go beyond the standard "you suck".

Anyone have suggestions for an uber-suck term?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

thou sucketh big time!

Reply to
Vic Baron

on 10/25/2005 12:44 PM Dave Hinz said the following:

Aggravated Gloatery?

Sort of like Aggravated Mopery except that you aren't required to exposure yourself to a blind woman.

Outstanding snag, Ed. Simply outstanding - enjoy it!

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

I hope, when you stack it. That the wall studs cave in, land on your car, crush the entertainment center that was 2 days away from delivery and you stub your toe packing it in!

You suck!

Reply to
arw01

Reply to
shooter

| While looking at Craigslist over my morning cup I spotted an ad. for | 1000bf of walnut. I called the guy. It turns out he is willing to | let the lot go for 600.00. Off I go with my trailer to inspect it. | It looks great 6 to 8 foot boards 4/4 4/8 . I ask about the price | and he tells me he is moving and he starts to add things. 300bf of | 4/8 alder, 3 sheets 3/4 baltic,2 sheets 1/2 baltic,1 sheet 3/4ply, | a set of alder doors to a entertainment center. He tells me he just | wants to see it go to someone who will use it. | That would be me!

Ed...

You (and the penguin on your telly) are about to implode!

Morris Dovey

He is an ER Doctor and he was offered a 2 year position in NY City. He said he had to leave immediately and had no time to sell it. We started talking, I'm Marine and he has a son in Iraq. He gave me all his wood, I tried to swing a deal for his jointer, he laughed and said his shop was going in storage, he plans on setting up shop again. Nice Guy Ed

Reply to
amazed

I read the replies... ditto to the tenth power! Tom

Reply to
Thomas Bunetta

You'd figure that some of that supermegasuckage could be put to work to get rid of some these frickin' leaves around here?

Reply to
Robatoy

YOU SUCK!

(sorry - it's the obligatory response here)

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

Damn, Ed.. you suck so bad you cold have countered Wilma's force if you were there.. Great deal and it sounds like you made a friend worth keeping in contact with..

WTF are you going to make with 1,000 bf of walnut???

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

"please remove gun and mask before relating details of your gloat"?