Gloat of the BEST kind

My daughter is 17 and a Senior in school. Today Becky came home from school with her first project from her Advanced Cabinet Making class. She wanted to make a game board for playing "go". I was less than enthused when she had first told me about it, because it sounded rather too simple, but encouraged her to make what she wanted. She has been taking Cabinet Making for the past two years. Well, when she brought it home today, I was very surprised and happy to see that her game "board" was actually a game table. About 2 foot square and coffee table height, so she can use it in her first apartment. I am very proud that she has made something useful, attractive and fun all in one piece. I had always thought that my son would one day inherit my tools, but it now seems as if Becky may be the one to follow in this hobby. Or, perhaps they'll have to split them. Happily making sawdust, James
--
"Wandering prevents one from becoming Dull and Stupid"

Well, a person can either be good or be lucky. Looks like you're both, LuckyJames.     mahalo,     jo4hn
LuckyJames wrote:
[snip]I am very proud that she has

Still working on the "good" part. SWMBO gave me the "lucky" apellation. Best part is that she likes to rub on me for luck. How much luckier can you get?
jo4hn wrote:

--
"Wandering prevents one from becoming Dull and Stupid"

Congratulations Dad.
UA100
Congratulations! ... know the feeling well. My youngest daughter, now 18, and I built her bedside table and I cherish the memory.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/16/03

My 14 y.o. son starts high school next week. He is going to the county school of technology--planning to become either a carpenter or a cabinet maker.
I'm so proud. ;-)
Dianne

As you well should be, Dianne.
Jim