Gloat never to be

I read the want ads under "Machinery/Tools" looking for a possible good deal. Tonight was the night.
Moving Sale 10" table saw with two carbide blades, dado blade $100 or BO Drill Press $20 or bo New wood turning lathe $35 or bo 6" Jointer $35 or bo and more
I figured I can get a good buy and add a jointer and lathe to my arsenal. So why am I say a gloat never to be? There was no phone number or address in the ad! I'm hoping it repeats tomorrow with corrections.
-- Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Call the paper and ask who placed the ad. I have run into this, and they usually will give the info so they don't have to re-list, as many havea free re-list policy.
Digger

Maybe a troll is taking out classifieds?

Some diabolical guy was just teasin' ya.
Lee Michaels wrote:

Either that, or it's all stolen. Those prices are just *too* good. I let my no longer needed 10" DP go for a ridiculously low price just to get rid of it (and to find it a new owner I approved of... can't let my babies go to just anyone, even after I outgrow them), but I wouldn't settle for less than $50.
$35 for a lathe? FOR A LATHE???
Nah. Someone is just evil, that's all.

The ad appeared again today with the phone number. The tablesaw and workbench are still left. If the bench is still there on Monday, I may take a ride to go get it. He says it was built from plans, is solid oak with a 2" top, has vices and benchdogs. For $50, it would be worth it just for the wood.
He sounds like an older gent and he is moving to a smaller house with no garage. He has not done any woodwork in a couple of years. The bench could be worth the 150 mile round trip though. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net http://pages.cthome.net/edhome