Gloat: My saw has arrived!!

The gloat is SWMBO concurred.

Congratulations on the aquisition of your new tablesaw. The Powermatic is indeed a fine saw, sure to cause envy among your woodworking friends. However, your application to gloat is denied.

Under the well-understood rules of gloating, your purchase does not qualify as a gloat unless you got an extremely good deal on it. Something just this side of larceny. If you merely caught it on sale, and bought it at a price available to the general public, it does not meet the gloat standard unless you were able to convince the vendor to throw something else of substantial value into the bargain.

If you wish to submit additional evidence, you may request a re- evaluation of your gloat application by the powers that be. The jury is in.

DonkeyHody "Even an old blind hog finds an acorn every now and then."

Reply to
TH

That's correct. What he has is a "neener". Neeners are very good, but not as good as gloats.

-- Doug

Reply to
Douglas Johnson

And now you will not have to pull out the set up indicators every time you need to make an adjustment. We'll need a report ASAP. :~)

Reply to
Leon

Congratulations Garage. Neener is the term. And yes I'm suitably envious. A slight shade of green.

I still can't see your posts, and have no idea why. You're not shitlisted; I'd have no reason to do so. Maybe the domain..not sure.

Reply to
Tanus

Same thing happened to me a while back with Mr. Doveys posts. Couldn't see them, sure wanted to. I unsubscribed from the newsgroup and resubscribed and that fixed it.

Reply to
user

Never thought of that. I'll try it and let you know. Thanks.

Reply to
Tanus

Congratulations on the aquisition of your new tablesaw. The Powermatic is indeed a fine saw, sure to cause envy among your woodworking friends. However, your application to gloat is denied.

Under the well-understood rules of gloating, your purchase does not qualify as a gloat unless you got an extremely good deal on it. Something just this side of larceny. If you merely caught it on sale, and bought it at a price available to the general public, it does not meet the gloat standard unless you were able to convince the vendor to throw something else of substantial value into the bargain.

If you wish to submit additional evidence, you may request a re- evaluation of your gloat application by the powers that be. The jury is in.

DonkeyHody "Even an old blind hog finds an acorn every now and then."

When reapplying, be sure to use form NNR, as this qualifies more as a neener than a gloat. This should expedite clearing up this matter. The nice part is, you are still likely to get more than your fair shares of 'you suck's' despite your initial gloat application error.

Forms NNR and GLT are often mistook for the other.

Sincerely,

The Cabal (which doesn't exist)

Reply to
Joe

Mon, Feb 11, 2008, 8:07pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@valid.com (Joe) doth sayeth: Under the well-understood rules of gloating,

Apparently not as well understood as thought.

Some years back I bought a Sears scrollsaw, approx value $175, new in the box, from a Sears store, for $35. Same store also sold me a new in the box Sears bandsaw, also approx $175 value, f9r $35. But I still consider both deals warm fuzzies, not not even neeners, and definitely not gloats - because they were bought in a friggin' store and they had several more at the same prices.

JOAT

10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker I do not have a problem with a woman president - except for Hillary.
Reply to
J T

Sorry, JT, but it's a gloat, because it makes me want to say "you SUCK". Why don't _I_ ever see deals like that?

Reply to
J. Clarke

Tue, Feb 12, 2008, 7:43am snipped-for-privacy@cox.net (J.=A0Clarke) doth sayeth: Sorry, JT, but it's a gloat, because it makes me want to say "you SUCK". Why don't _I_ ever see deals like that?

Apparently because you're not pure of heart.

JOAT

10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker I do not have a problem with a woman president - except for Hillary.
Reply to
J T

wax. don't forget the wax.

Reply to