GLOAT: Lee Valley NEW STORE 10% off coupon!

Page 1 of 2

The store in Saskatoon opens to "current" customers October 3, and both SWMBO and I got our 10% discount cards in the mail the other day. It doesn't open to the public 'till October 5, so I get first dibs! Woohoo!
Robin, I still wanna have that coffee if you're in town. Broadway Roastery is just down 51st at Millar, and we're just down Millar... so if you'd like a tour of the Western Producer let me know. I still want to convince you folks you should be advertising in our new magazine.
And to all of you that don't have a LV store nearby... Neener neener!!
djb

"Dave Balderstone" exalted

Dave, don't hold back.
Let us know how you really feel!
You mean beyond just doing the autodeposit of the paycheck right into Robin's account?
;-)
It's scary to think about the amount of money that my colleagues at the Western Producer may spend starting Monday.

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

They can blame "W" for causing Katrina, but we now know what really caused Rita to be sucked Northward.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/17/05
"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message

Undoubtedly the mother of all suckage!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/17/05

It's not all it's cracked up to be.
1) You're living from paycheck to credit card to paycheck to support your woodworking addiction. 2) You go into an LV store and come out with a few more toys, but your wallet feels likes it's been strip searched by an anti-terrorist squad before it was handed over to an 800 lb gorilla for final inspection. 3) You get your butt three steps out of an LV store and decide to go back in and buy one more toy 'since you're already there'. Two hours later, you come out the door with six more toys, not one. 4) You go into an LV store to buy a gift for a friend, come out with five things for yourself and are just pulling into your driveway when you remember you forgot to buy the gift for your friend. Forget about him, he didn't get you anything last year anyway. 5) You were a hard core drug addict for ten years but managed to kick the habit when you took up woodworking and found a Lee Valley Tools store. Now you're so broke all the time and the bill collectors are after you so much that you wish you were still a drug addict instead. At least when you were a drug addict, it didn't bother you to break into someone's house and steal their woodworking tools. Much better than the bill collectors trying to repossess your tools. 6) There's two Lee Valley Stores in your city (Toronto) and they're situated at opposite ends of the city. You have such a hard time trying to decide which one to go to that you go to both of them because, well, ummm, just because it will be fun. 7) All the women you know have abandoned you for other guys with more woodworking tools for you. In an effort to reclaim your former status as the king of tools, you're forever doomed to walk the floors of Lee Valley Tools stores looking for that special new toy that no one else has yet.
It's a nightmare I tell you. Just a horrible, terrible nightmare that I live through every day.
"Upscale" wrote in message

<snip>
live
LOL I can _almost_ feel your pain ... and that's just because a Rockler's close by, and there's no comparison.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/17/05

I don't know what a Rockler's is like because they don't have any up here in Canada, but if it's anything like an LV store, it's hell. LV stores are insidious. They've got so much stuff out on display, that you can't help but go in and play with it. Seeing something you didn't know you needed in a catalogue is one thing. Seeing it out on display where you can touch it and play with it is worse than waving a T-bone in front of a Great Dane.
On 28/09/2005 8:10 AM, Upscale wrote:

It's worse than that. I've been known to pass *through* Toronto and drive to Ottawa, "because it has the mothership of all LV stores", passing not 2, but 3 other stores along the way (you forgot Burlington). My own person problem dates back to the very early days when that store was in an old house. Of course, if I'm short of time, I have to choose from 4, because I'm halfway between Toronto and London. Life is hell.

I hear ya, brother.
Upscale wrote:

Next we'll hear about some guy doing "favors" in the LV parking lot for tool money.
eeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

using his tool for tools?
(snip)

situated
Hmm - in a few months, it'll be a triangle... ;)
Enjoyed the post!
Cheers -
Rob

Oh yeah? What part will the third part of the triangle be situated in?
wrote in message news:9Ey_e.6278

South...in the shadow of the really really tall building....
Near MEC.....

Good show. That is considerably closer to where I live than the east and west end stores. Congrats.

You are a very cruel person. Now I'll never have any money. MEC and LV already get most of my money - but putting them next door to each other?
Mike :-)
On 29/09/2005 7:45 AM, Robin Lee wrote:

Oh great - my two worst weaknesses located next to one another. At least in Ottawa they're a few minutes drive apart. (And yeah, I visited both last weekend, while on a family visit).

Almost like a really good restaurant on one side of where you live and a strip club with really friendly ladies on the other side.
wrote in message>

I'M SURE GLAD THERE ISN'T A LEE VALLEY STORE IN HOUSTON! THANKFULLY, THEY WON'T BE PUTTING ANY OF THOSE 10% OFF COUPONS ON THEIR WEBSITE WHERE A FLLER COULD SPEND A BUNCH OF HIS HARD-EARNED MONEY ON WOODWORKING TRINKETS JUST FOR THE HELL OF IT! (HOPE I'M NOT TALKING TOO LOUD!)
--
"New Wave" Dave In Houston

wrote in message>

Being from Houston and all, you would understand, it may be hard for Lee Valley to get a lease there.
Because it may displace either a barbecue joint or a strip club.
And that would be soooooo........., un-Texan.