Gloat (ish)

So I have finally arrived at the income level where I can drop $0.5k on a tool and not be under the credit card burden for nine months...
<gloat>
Guess I should feel really lucky... most people are experiencing a much different state of affairs....
Anyhoo, as part of my enjoyment of this unprecedented state of affairs I picked up a Powermatic Benchtop mortiser for $399 shipped. New. Looking forward to many years of perfectly square holes!
<mini-gloat>
:)
D'ohBoy

You ought to invest some money in a CNC machine. That way you can have precision milled (not quite square) holes. It's got to be better, it's got initials!
Puckdropper
"D'ohBoy" wrote

Square holes???
Doncha know that holes are supposed to be round?
<G>
I had a non-woodworker in my shop a year or so ago. He looked at my mortiser and said it was a funny looking drill press. I told him what it was and explained that it drilled square holes. He gave me one of those "what-the-hell" looks.
I left it at that (Hee-Hee) :^}
RonB