GLOAT: If it pleases the group..

My brother called and asked if I wanted a couple "workbenches". He's a graphic arts instructor and the school is remodeling and doesn't need these benches that held computer and electronic test equipment. Well, he's my brother so I thought I'd look....
Bench top is 60"x 34" x 1 3/4" laminated hard maple. Comes with a shelf that sits on the back of the bench that is 60" x 18" x 1 3/4" supported by two uprights of 14' x 18" x 1 3/4". Stand is a formed aluminum frame with a metal crosspiece near the floor (kind of a footrest). Sticker on the bottom of the top reads: "This 'Electro/Bonded top was manufactured from select northern grown hard maple or red oak lumber. It was produced in a modern plant under controlled atmospheric conditions by a company with over seventy-five years experience laminating hard maple and red oak. It was sanded smooth and then sealed with the best finishes available." {Electro Bonded Logo}
No company or location information is given. Got two of 'em plus an extra top shelf. Price: Freebie!! They have about 12-15 more. I think I'll grab another couple if I can even if I don't have room. Qualifying gloat? I'll get some pics posted on ABPW in the next couple days..
Patrick Fischer Gig Harbor, WA
damm Straight. Hell get them all, you can sell them. Tony D.

these
that
bottom
northern
under
years
then
Patrick Fischer wrote:

You SUCK!
I say get as many of them as you can since they're free. You could probably sell/auction those tops for a few bucks if you had a mind to. Reuse or recycle the aluminum stuff if nobody wants it. That's definitely gloatable, though the Gloat of the Month award still has to go to the sucky bastard who got the Delta 8" jointer for $50.
That jointer cost him $100; didn't it?
Silvan wrote:

Mike Coonrod wrote:

Yeah, I think you're right.
Where do you live and do you want to sell one?
Jim

these
that
bottom
northern
under
years
then
I'm in Gig Harbor, WA which is SW of Seattle across the water. Hope you're close..these things are heavy!!! I want the two I've got but if I can get more I'll deal. Drop me an email..
--
Patrick Fischer
Gig Harbor, WA