Gloat: Got the last HD K-bodies in Peoria

Hey All,

Went down to the borg to see if their, now my K-Bodies had gotten marked down. Talked to the manager on the phone before I when over and agreed to buy him out(I had been looking at them awhile so I knew he only had 4 50" left or so I thought), so he could have someone redo the display. I had been looking at the 4 50" k-bodies that he had out and bugging him about when they were going on clearance for a couple months. I had been doing a remodel for my inlaws so I saw him three or four times a week. He said that he would take good care of me and he did. 50% off the clearance prices. But he surprised me. Turns out they hadn't restocked the wall for quite a while and he had lots more K-bodies in the racks above the display. If you find your has some left have them check the racks and the computer they may have more than they think.

I got 4- 60" for $21 each, 4- 50" for $20 each, 8- 40" for $19 each, 8- 31" for $15 each, and 8- 24" for $13 each. He also had a stack of 16 what I thought were black plastic packing spacers that wouldn't ring up or be found in their computer. So he gave them to me. Turns out they are the Clamping blocks for the k-bodies. I got out the door for just under $600 and have a clamp collection worth leaning against while I drink a beer. Wife thought I had gone clamp crazy but maybe I have.

As Homer Simpson would say, "First you get the Clamps, then you get the power, then you get the women. Emmmmmm Women!!" Not that I am smart enough to handle more than one or two.

Chef

PS Give your HD a call and have them check their computer to see if they have any.

Reply to
Master Chef Richard Campbell

Great purchase. About the right price.

Reply to
Leon

Congrats and just to confirm, you do indeed suck.

Har! It would be possible to handle several if you could somehow use your bounty of clamps to clamp their lower lips to their uppers.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

Awesome!

Reply to
Rob

Hey Chef -

Thanks for the idea!!

I knew they were going to be wanting to get rid of the rest of the stock they had so they could hang the Jorgensen's. So, I went into the Borg today, and they had the remaining 50" K's out on a table in front of the Tool Crib, but same "sale" price of $40. The Jorgensen's were handing on the wall, but no prices shown.

I went into the Crib Manager, and asked if that was the lowest price they were going to have on them. He asked me how many I wanted, and I told him

  1. He dropped the price to ea - not as good as your deal, but HEY, 33% off on 50" K's?? Good deal!! I got my 4 - and I picked up the last two 24" they had. So, between the Tradesman's I got on sale awhile back, and these K's I'm in good shape for now.

Nick B.

Reply to
Nick Bozovich

I suspect the 50's are going to be the ones that remain in stock for a while, the advertised sale price just isn't enough of a break to make it attractive for people looking for a bargain.

... snip

Reply to
Mark & Juanita